Job title: Business Operations Manager
Location: Burton on Trent
Salary/Benefits: £30k to £35K PA & Benefits
Permanent Full Time (12- month fixed term contract with option to extend)
One of the UK leading motor cycle organisations supporting close to 13,000 members across the UK and the world is looking for a Business Operations Manager to join their team.
The successful candidate will lead the Vintage Motor Cycle Club’s central services unit and report directly to the Chair of the board. The role necessitates the need for an individual who can lead the development of a cost conscious, member focused, service-based organisation. They will work closely with the Board to define and lead the wider development of the Club’s activities. By nature, they will be an excellent communicator, well organised with strong leadership and influencing skills.
You will have demonstrated experience of identifying new business opportunities, proven line management skills and be a self-starter able to build relationships at all levels. Your financial acumen needs to be honed and able to monitor the club’s trading and cost recovery activities seeking to improve overall business efficiency. In addition, you will be comfortable overseeing the safe keeping and proper management of the Club’s heritage collection.
Project management will be second nature along with the ability to devise and manage continuous improvement in respect of operational matters, services to members and the Club’s status in the wider world. You will be actively engaging members, Club officials, external organisations and members of the public; this will require contemporary skills that are complementary to an increasing on line world yet sympathetic to more traditional needs.
This is a one-off opportunity for a Business Operations Manager who has an understanding of the not for profit sector and who is willing to be the driving force and change agent in guiding the Vintage Motor Cycle Club to a successful future while upholding the freedom to enjoy motorcycling.
Business Operations Manager Responsibilities:
· To efficiently and cost-effectively manage the work of the central services unit in line with the values, aims and objectives of the Club.
· To develop and maintain excellent verbal and written communications with staff, Board Members, Section officials, members, external organisations including other motorcycling bodies, the media and the public.
· To monitor and control income and expenditure against budget targets, operating within budget unless otherwise authorised.
· To seek to increase the Club’s membership, and to develop engagement with both members and the public in an increasingly online world.
· To devise and manage continuous improvement and developmental projects in respect of operational matters, services to members and the Club’s status in the wider world.
· To monitor and control the financial performance of the Club’s trading and cost-recovery activities, seeking to ensure profitability through planning and implementing sales and administrative development strategies.
· To support the Club’s Area representatives and Sections, ensuring that appropriate advice and communications are made with Reps and Sections that enable smooth running of the Clubs activities.
· To ensure the safe-keeping and proper management of the Club’s heritage collections, in accordance with agreed standards.
· To recruit, induct, manage and motivate employees and volunteers, setting objectives and monitoring performance on an ongoing basis.
· To monitor and manage all contracts and services provided to the Club, including facilities management, IT, etc.
Business Operations Manager essential Requirements:
· A relevant business-related degree, professional qualification or equivalent.
· Full car driving licence.
· Experience with identifying new business opportunities, line management of employees, business operations, organisational management and customer services.
· An excellent communicator, well-organised with strong leadership and influencing skills, a problem-solving approach, a self-starter able to build relationships at all levels.
· Understanding of Not-for-Profit Sector, Financial Systems and Budgetary Control and basic knowledge of Health and Safety, HR and Contract Law.
Business Operations Manager desirable Requirements:
· A qualification in Business, Marketing, Project Management or Finance.
· Motorcycle licence.
· Experience with management of volunteers, marketing and branding, policy-writing, contracts/facilities management, heritage collections, membership organisations.
· Strategic focus, able to develop and implement long term plans.
· An Established Interest in Motorcycling or Transport History.
Click HERE to apply.